Commercial Dispute Resolution
Whether as a business or an individual, it is unfortunate, but inevitable, that disputes can arise. When they do, we at Jackamans can help. Our ethos is this:
- We will do everything that we can to help prevent disputes escalating and to see if there is any way in which the problem can be resolved at an early stage
- We will give you frank advice about your position, both in terms of the strengths and weaknesses of your case, avoiding legal jargon as far as possible
- If you do become involved in a court case, we will be able to give you full support and advice through to trial
Who is it for?
We can provide expert advice and assistance in a wide range of legal areas including:
- Commercial and contract disputes
- Commercial property disputes
- Leasehold disputes
- Negligence and nuisance claims
- Building and construction
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Intellectual property
- Debt recovery
Disputes can be time-consuming and costly. We will consider all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution including Mediation. We will explore the options you might have for funding any Court proceedings. We will keep you informed at the outset and throughout your case as to the position in relation to costs.
How the service works
At Jackamans, your case will be handled by a litigation specialist. Our aim is to give a superior quality service to all our clients. At the same time, we aim to give an individual service - and that means that, by and large, your case will be handled throughout by the same person. You will not find yourself talking to a different person every time you speak to us!
How much will it cost?
Costs will be dependent on the nature of your problem. We will establish the likely costs and timescales after your first interview and regularly review these with you. We will do whatever we can to ensure that our services are affordable. In appropriate cases, we can consider a fixed fee or a “no win, no fee” arrangement. We can offer conditional fee arrangements in appropriate cases.
Legal expenses insurance
If you have this you should notify the insurer of any claim you have as they may agree to pay your legal costs. We can act for you in these circumstances, and already do act for a number of such insurers. Legal expenses insurance is often included in motor or house insurance, so check your policies.
If you would like to find out more about our dispute resolution services, call or email any one of our offices. You may like to look at our profile for our Dispute Resolution team, namely Paul Stevens.
Friday 20 April 00:14