Wills Trusts and Probate
No matter what time of life you’re at, it’s always important to have a Will. Without one, your loved ones may not inherit your estate. Inheritance tax planning is an integral part of Will planning and we can advise you as to how to minimize tax liabilities.
With a Will you can:
- Express funeral wishes
- Name executors
- Appoint guardians to care for young children
- Identify beneficiaries and state what is to happen if they do not survive
- Benefit friends and charities
- Ensure business succession
- Specify the age at which young beneficiaries inherit
- Minimize the payment of inheritance tax
Powers Of Attorney
No-one has the authority to deal with another person’s investments and property. Our approachable advisers will help you to give the people that you trust authority to manage your affairs in the future should you be unable to do so yourself.
With a Power of Attorney you can:
- Name one or more attorneys
- State whether they must act together or can act separately
- Name replacement attorneys
- Specify restrictions and give guidance
- Avoid Court of Protection involvement in your affairs
From the outset, we shall provide you with an estimate of our fees relating to your particular matter. These will be based on a number of factors relating to your individual transaction which reflect in particular the amount of work we anticipate as necessary and its value.
However, please note that we reserve the right to amend that estimate to take into account any unforeseen issues we identify as the case proceeds. It is open to you then to decide whether to ask us to stop working for you at that point, whereupon you are only responsible for the costs to that time, or to agree the new estimate. You will not be charged in excess of any estimate, revised as appropriate, that we agree with you.
For full information about our fees click here for our Private Client pdf.
Our solicitors and legal executive are happy to give talks to community groups. If you would like somebody to speak to your group about Wills and Probate matters do contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday 22 March 22:07